media productions

Sivakumar_Gautham_stepfellow_editedThis year I took media production a class at Fruita 89. This is no normal class it uses a system where the students are separated into groups. So the is never just one thing with its multiple options on what to do. You can learn a lot just by being in the class.

The first group I was in was the announcements group. In the group we made the daily announcements for the whole school to see. In this you are learning to edit or act. First I did editing where I put everything together for people to see. Next I was one of the announcers and read the prompt screen to give people the news.

Next I did the blog group where I wrote on topics for the school website. I made an account and begun to write. We did multiple topics like an interview and one of your own choice. It helps you learn writing skills and how to be a blogger.

Lastly I did the commercial group which was very fun. In this one you and the rest of the people in your group will record the commercials for the announcements group to use on the announcements. We recorded things like interviews, took pictures, or just normal commercials.

This was a very fun class and I am happy I took it. I learned good skills like time management so I can turn things in on time. Also I learned new editing skills so I can make better videos with a more professional look about them. Lastly I learned recording and acting skills for if I wanted to make my own videos. This was a great class and I’m very happy I took it.