The Backstory Behind the Birch

Mr. Yancy Birch was born on February 22, 1988 in Grand Junction, CO. He grew up in a military family with two older brothers. The sports he played in his life consist of baseball, basketball, and football. When he was in his freshmen year, he decided to devote his life to teaching and graduated from the University of Nebraska. Nowadays, he teaches Law and Global studies along with a study hall at Fruita 8/9.

The reason I chose to interview Mr. Birch is because he is an amazing teacher. When we take notes in class, he presents them in a clear way to understand and wright down, explains them to the entire class to help fully understand it, and even promotes discussion between students on the subject. Not only that but Mr. Birch’s Global Studies class (the only one I have with him) is one of the first classes I have ever had in the nine years of school I’ve been through that PRIMARILY teaches you about AMERICAN HISTORY (not Egyptian, Mayan, or any other culture as the PRIMARY subject for the ENTIRE YEAR) as well as what’s going on in the current world and how it affects us on a day to day basses.