Mrs. Prinster

Last year, in my 8th grade ELA class, I had a teacher named Mrs. Prinster. Originally, I was a little intimidated by the course material, it was different than I as used to. But I learned to love both the class and the teacher. It challenged me and helped me become a better reader and writer. So, I decided to write a biography about Mrs. Prinster, to learn more about this great teacher.

Mrs. Prinster was born in the Philippines, but then moved to California, living in both Huntington Beach and Costa Mesa. She lived with her two siblings, one brother and one sister, who is also a teacher. Her favorite subject in school, was English, but she also had a love for Speech and Debate. Her favorite things to do outside the classroom were riding her bike, body surfing since she lived near a beach, she loved hanging out with her friends, as well as reading.

Mrs. Prinster went to San Diego State University and majored in journalism, where then she worked as a weekday reporter and a weekend producer for KREX TV. She only realized she wanted to be a teacher when she went back into a classroom and read to her kids. Then she went back to college, she went to CMU before it was even a state university, and started her career in teaching. She wants to be the good 8th grade English teacher that she never had. She had a lot of inspirational teachers in high school, and she hopes to be that type of teacher for one of her students.

Now, Mrs. Prinster loves working here at the 8/9. Her favorite thing about working here is the staff and the students. She spends her free time hiking, traveling, road biking, and cooking. She said that her hidden talent is writing poetry. She also said she loves to read, but during the school year she mostly reads material for her ELA class.

I learned a lot about Mrs. Prinster during this interview. I was very thankful to be able to interview such an influential teacher in the school. Her class last year challenged me but it improved me as a reader and a writer. Out of this entire interview, I learned one very important thing about Mrs. Prinster. Her favorite color? Blue.