The iPhone X

The iPhone X. the most revolutionizing iPhone with more power and a better camera than any other phone. But just going to warn you all, this might be a really geeky blog about the iPhone since I might be obsessed. I will be getting all this info from apple.com so let’s get started!

Apple’s website says “Our vision has always been to create an iPhone that is entirely screen. One so immersive the device itself disappears into the experience. And so intelligent it can respond to a tap, your voice, and even a glance. With iPhone X, that vision is now a reality. Say hello to the future.” Great introductory to the iPhone X and to this blog. I personally have the iPhone 8 and love how the glass black feels and looks. The reason for the glass back is for wireless charging but it sucks that now you can break both sides now. Fun fact: in the iPhone 6 and lower it would hurt your battery to charge after 100% but after a battery change, the iPhone 6s and higher won’t get affected by this. So feel free to charge your phone all night.

The camera is also amazing. The iPhone 8 introduced the Portrait mode which is just a really fancy camera, and when I use it, it looks super professional. Sadly the portrait mode on the 8 only has a rear view, so no selfies. But the X has front facing camera for portrait mode. And both the 8 and X have “Wide-angle and telephoto cameras on iPhone X enable optical zoom, as well as digital zoom of up to 10x for photos and 6x for videos.” So if you’re getting a phone just for the photos get the X, the Galaxy S8 has a 12mp rear view and an 8mp front camera while the iPhone out beats it with 12mp on both cameras.

With this camera comes two new features, being FaceID and Animoji. The FaceID is the new TouchID where all you do is bring the phone to your face and it brings you in. At first, a lot of people thought this was a bad idea since they say they look a lot different before and after makeup. But it doesn’t detect color it detects surface. It also will still detect you in pitch black and underwater! The Animoji takes this 3d model of your face (which is taken with FaceID) and makes it a live-emoji which you control. So nod your head up, the emoji you’re using does the same! You can be a monkey, a poop, a pig, and so much more! Fun fact, the iPhone 5 had more technology than the Apollo 11!

With the super-retina display of 5.8 inches and the new OLED display, I mean the apple site says it all, “The first OLED screen that rises to the standards of iPhone, with accurate, stunning colors, true blacks, high brightness, and a 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio.” By the way, iPhone 8 is 16000 to 1 contrast ratio so this is a MASSIVE step up. And though the iPhone 7 was splash resistant the iPhone X can be inside the water for about 30-60 minutes, while the iPhone 8 was about 30 minutes under 5 feet. “The most durable glass ever in a smartphone, front and back. Surgical grade stainless steel. Wireless charging. Water and dust resistance.”

And then there is the processor. The A11 Bionic chip, an upgrade from the iPhone 7’s A10 Fusion Chip (no Bionic but Fusion) has a “neural engine that’s capable of up to 600 billion operations per second.” It’s “The four efficiency cores in the all-new CPU are up to 70 percent faster than A10 Fusion. And the two performance cores are up to 25 percent faster.

Let’s talk the battery. I can really tell a difference in the battery since in my old iPhone 6s it ran out of battery before the end of the school day, while I usually have 60-70% left nowadays and I love it. Apple mentions this also, “A second-generation performance controller and custom battery design that lasts up to two hours longer between charges than iPhone 7.”

The most amazing and last thing this phone had to offer is the new OS. IOS 11 is amazing. It revised the control center into a one-page screen so now you can have flashlight and music on the same page. It also added 3d touch to almost everything in there, and added a screen recorder! It added a future revolutionizing thing I’ve ever seen, it’s called AR. Augmented reality lets your games to be projected into real life. There are endless possibilities with AR, it’s the most futuristic thing I’ve ever seen.

Now that was a heck of a lot of information to take in, but I got to say I’m excited about November 3rd. the new dual 12mega pixel camera, including FaceID and Animoji, is going to change emoji and selfies forever. The waterproofness is just going to get better and better as time goes on. The A11 Bionic chip will become the nemesis of Android’s processor which pale in comparison with the A11. The battery gets longer and longs, almost 12 hours now. The all glass screen is just the beginning to something amazing. And iOS 11 will just get better.

All info was taken from https://www.apple.com/iphone-x/?afid=p238%7Cs7AkblcwL-dc_mtid_20925d2q39172_pcrid_226500569419&cid=wwa-us-kwgo-iphone-slid —