The teacher Who Draws It All…Mr.Johnson

Hey y’all, so Mr. Decker told us to write an essay about a teacher and for those of you who know me, I’m not good at writing things like everyone else was taught but that’s another story for another time. So anyways, i was going through the other blogs trying to decide who to write about and i saw no one had done a certain art teacher..Mr. Johnson! So let’s get this rollin!

Mr. Johnson was born in Michigan but grew up in here Grand Junction. At the age of two he moved here. Not remembering anything from Michigan and knowing everyone knows what Grand Junction is like we decide to just move onto what all he did as a child. So carrying on, he went to school at Orchard Mesa. For anyone who doesn’t know Mr. Johnson he loves soccer, he started playing when he was a little boy, another thing he loved to do a lot when he was little, was to draw. Which is great! Most kids don’t get really into drawing until like high school.

Mr. Johnson went to grand junction high school. Still he loved to draw and play soccer. A thing about Mr. Johnson is most kids would go out and party and have all these crazy things to tell about their high school life, but Mr. Johnson had another thing to say. When i asked him the most craziest thing he did in high school it took him a little bit to answer, he then asked me if it could instead be the coolest thing he did in high school, so i was like yeah sure and he told me that he scored the winning goal his senior year in soccer. It was 0-0 before he scored and he made it 0-1 to win that game against central. Now that’s awesome! I think his story is much cooler than all the other stories about high school. Another fact is that while he was in high school he really wanted to become a professional soccer player.

Now let’s talk College. Mr. Johnson went to college at Colorado State University for Art Education. When he got there he said he wanted to become an art teacher. So he did, his degree enables him to teach pre-k through 12th. While he was there he played soccer and worked on his art work constantly. Which i think is awesome and i totally respect that!

In Mr. Johnson’s professional life he became the art teacher here at the 8/9 but how he got here was a lot of work. He student taught at Central, and also coached soccer there. When he graduated he worked as a substitute there for a semester, then the art job opened up here, he got a call, and here we are now! He’s been working here for 3 years. Some of his favorite things about the 8/9 is that’s it’s a great school, it’s different from the other side if the valley, he likes teaching the kids here, and it’s a smaller school. But when he’s not here working, he’s either drawing or playing soccer in his free time. That’s a true champ right there! Once a soccer player, always a soccer player!! He’s traveled to many places for soccer like Honduras, Brazil, and many other places here in the U.S. And let’s not forget his passion of art. Of the many things he likes to draw I had him choose his top five. So here they are….Animals, Science fiction, Fantasy fiction, Characters of any kind/Warriors, and race cars. Also he’s told all his art classes he loves to draw soccer cleats so let’s not forget that one. I guess that leads us now to the present. Make sure to give him a high five and Until next time y’all!!