Interviewing a Teacher

In the interview I had with Mrs. Smith I asked her 14 questions. 7 of them were about her childhood/growing up and the other 7 were about her today.

Here are 7 questions and responses about her childhood.

1) Where did you grow up at? Her answer to that was “ I grew up here in the Redlands” She was also saying how much the Redlands has changed since she was a kid and how everytime she drives near there she drives near there she remembers things about her childhood. 2) Who was your childhood idol? “John Smit was my childhood idol, he is a really great pianist and he just inspired me”. 3) What was your favorite TV show as a kid? “ I didn’t have one because growing up we didn’t watch much TV. 4) What high school did you go to? “I went here at the Fruita Monument High”. 5) What college did you go to? “I went to the CMU college”. 6) What made you want to be a teacher? “Growing up I just always wanted to be a teacher it was just something I wanted to be”. 7) What were your hobbies as a kid? “My hobbies as a kid was hiking and camping. I just always loved being outdoors. One of my other hobbies was playing the piano, and it was something i liked to do a lot”.

Here are 7 questions and responses about her today.

1) If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? “I would go to places where a lot of our history happened at because i am very interested in our history and what happened and why”. 2) How long have you been Teaching? “This is my 7th year teaching”. 3) What is your Favorite food? “My favorite food is vegetables, I always sneak veggies into most the dinners I cook and then my husbands asks what i put in it this time or something” 4) If you were not a teacher what would you want to be? “I would want to be a stay at home home with my children because then I would see them or often and do more things together”. 5) Which staff member do you respect the most? “I respect the whole ELA team because they are pretty cool and we do well together”. 6) Who is your favorite music artist? “My favorite artist is John Smit like I said before. He is just really good and I just admire him”. 7)Any advice for the 8/9’ers? “Be kind and respectful to others and help each other out no matter what, that’s just what everyone here really needs and deserves.