Fruita 8/9 Canned Food Drive

The latest on our food drive,

When interviewing Ms. Blevens  I figured out that the point of us doing this is to give back to the community and that less fortunate. Our proceeds go to the Agape Food Basket, and the Fruita Fire Dept.   We have been doing this for 2 weeks and we have currently raised 8,900 but unfortunately we have not met our goal. Our most successful  count was 10,000 cans and we have been doing this for 7 years now. Although we have not met our goal we have collected a little more than the previous years. I asked her what happens if we don’t collect enough cans or if quantity actually mattered?, and she gave a wonderful answer saying That every little bit helps and that is very true.

When I asked her how hard it was to motivate students to donate she said that it gets harder each year. I think that it’s kind of sad that there are a lot of students who are not very motivated to donate. It really breaks my heart because just thinking that there are kids and families out there that aren’t as fortunate as a lot of us are, and when people choose not to do anything to try to fix that problem it is so sad. I wish that people would be more willing to donate.

The results from the food drive indicate that the top 4 teachers who have had the most donations from students are: Mrs. Willms, Mr. Majors, Mrs. Prinster, and Ms. Blevens. The winning teacher gets $100 to use on their students. Congratulations to the teachers and especially to all the students who had the heart to donate and give back to our community.