Mrs.Burke

When you first see Mrs. Burke you just kind of think oh well its science class it’ll be experiments and stars and stuff like that but when you start to learn about her you find out she’s more worried about how well you do in school just like how she was in school. I decided to do this blog on Mrs. Burke because she is such a great teacher and I wanted to get to know more about her.

Mrs. Burke grew up in Littleton, Colorado. Playing sports such as soccer and softball between the two sports she enjoyed soccer just a little bit more than softball. “But softball would be a close second.” she said. Her dream job was to deliver babies that would soon change in college.

She continued to play those two sports in High School she went to two different high school she went to Highlands Ranch for two years and then graduated from Dakota Ridge. She always had good grades she was the student that couldn’t wait for them to post grades because her name would always be at the top. She never had a subject she struggled with in school but she said the subject she had to work the hardest in was art which is understandable because I myself can’t draw to save my life.

When asked what made her want to become a teacher she said “well I had a dream that a baby died in her arms L.” So than she changed her degree to teaching. She went to Mesa state ( Now CMU) and got her teaching degree there.

When she’s not teaching she coaching her daughters soccer team. When I asked what her best advice for her students is she said. “ Life counts everything from here on counts and you need work your hardest at it and enjoy life.”