March Madness

march madnessThe march madness basketball tournament is a big deal in America. Many of people bet on their favorite teams. For my family we put together a bracket and we each put in a dollar and hope that our team wins. I had the Kentucky Wildcats winning. Sadly they lost by one point so I don’t win the eight dollar pot and the reputation of betting on the champions and winning.

This year the final four was Connecticut Huskies, Kentucky Wildcats, Butler Bulldogs, and Virginia Commonwealth Rams. In the championship game UConn and butler played and UConn prevailed to take it all.

In the eastern region one upset was the number 11 ranked Marquette beat the number 6 ranked team Xavier.  In the western region there weren’t any real upsets. In the southeast region the 11th ranked team Gonzaga beat the number 6 team, St. John’s.  In the southwest region VCU beat Georgetown even though they are ranked 5 places lower. The 10th place ranking, Florida State beat the 7th place team, Texas A&M by seven points. Also Morehead State beat Louisville and Richmond beat Vanderbilt.

Overall March madness basketball tournament is a very exciting tournament. It is filled with upsets, passionate games, upsetting losses, triumphant wins, and a fun time with the whole family. I am still really upset that Kentucky lost by only one point. What team is your favorite?

citations

“Men’s Basketball Division I – NCAA.com.” NCAA.com – The Official Website of NCAA Championships. Web. 08 Apr. 2011.
“NCAA March Madness 2011 – Updated Brackets – Championship – Schedules – Final Four Winners.” Chiff.com – Your Guide to the Best Sites on the Web. Web. 08 Apr. 2011. <http://www.chiff.com/recreation/sports/ncaa-brackets.htm>.