Current Events In Sports And Clubs

by: Zachary Ellsworth

For the persuasive essay will mainly be about the sports and the clubs here at Fruita 8/9. Our freshman team has had a good season according to Levi one of our best seasons ever. As far as I know that our freshman team won every game but their last one. This was one of Fruita’s best seasons ever and everyone is looking forward to next year.

The chess club meets before, during, and after school. Some students will even go in during their lunch time just to get better according to Mr. Baker. But minus the few I saw in their today he has promised me that there is a lot more of them and I believe that. There was also a chess torment after school on Wednesday. There are kids coming in just because they want to and I don’t blame them chess is a thinking game you have to wait for them to make their move and you have to make your move and attempt to win.

At Fruita 8/9 we also have a bowling club. They meet twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays every week. And they as always have a chance to go to state if they beat all the other schools in the district. I sat down and talked to some of the bowlers and asked them what time they meet all said from 4:00 to 5:30. There are about five freshmen and the number of sophomores and seniors is unknown at the moment. A special thanks to Reo Weisgerber, Kelby Steele, Tristan Wachholtz, Allana Buchman, and Mr. Baker.