Rap/hiphop music V.S. Country music

By Anthony Gonzalez

People always ask me what is better rap hip hop or country. Its and argument people have always asked each other. What kind of music you listen to doesn’t really depend on where you live, it depends on what you like. Rap has its good because rap has such a large variety. It can mold to anyone’s liking and how they like it. It can be for the self-centered, the gangsters, nerds, religious, or even your pimp grandparents. It is poetry and some people seem to have forgotten that. Rap is to be used as a way for an artist to express their look on life. As told in yahoo.com questions, surveys were taken for people to see what percentage of people listen to rap.

Also I believe I have an opinion to this where if you are a cowboy or a cowgirl you most likely listen to country. I was raised in a country family and town, so I know this to be true. Country artist like to express themselves too by talking about working on farms. Most people say that country is good because it’s cleaner than rap because it doesn’t have much cuss words, and you can understand what their saying. Also it tells a story and reminds people of the past and good.

In my personal opinion I love rap music and I really don’t like country. I feel like I can express myself more in rap than country. Also country music is to slow for me so I would prefer to rap and plus I love the beats. Also my cousins and friends got me into hip hop and rap so that’s also why I love the music. In a survey of 18 people, 4 people said that they like to listen to country and, 14 people said they listen and like rap/hip hop. So I feel that most people in my area would rather listen to rap/hip hop than country.

“What Makes Rap/Hip-hop so Popular? – Yahoo! Answers.” Yahoo! Answers – Home. Web. 15 Nov. 2011. <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091016151751AATQ7qB>.

“Why Is Country Music So Popular?” Andy Arthur. Web. 15 Nov. 2011. <http://andyarthur.org/fodder/reviews/countrymusic.html>.