Social Media Marketing

After reading the article ”Content is the key to social marketing,” tell me whether you believe that social media marketing should or should not be a businesses primary method of marketing a new product? Type your response in chunk paragraph format with a hook, a topic sentence, three concrete ideas with commentary and a conclusion.

96 thoughts on “Social Media Marketing

1. I believe that social media marketing is the best way to go about selling a product. Some experts believe that advertising a product on a website is a bad idea because people just don’t look at the adds on the pages, well how do most of us here about a new product or idea….we hear it from the internet or something related to the web. Just some stats that I know are that over 800,000 people visit YouTube a year and a lot of the videos have adds before they even start and even if people skip the add you still have a very good chance to get people to go and look at what was being shown in the add. Also there has been a steady rise of people who shop for things on the internet and most main-stream companies have a web-site you can go and visit, and most likely the reason they sell products over the internet is because they have some sort of advertise some were on the web…that means that someone has to be looking at those

1. Ian, you had a lot of points that made me change my mind from TV and radio, to social media marketing. You had statistics which always help your cause.

2. i agree that youtube is one of the most visited sites on the internet and would be a great idea to advertise on.

3. i agree with that not manny people read adds in the paper. lots of peaple have acsess tothe internet. the internet would be a goood way to reach the people about your product. most people use the internet for the every day life and or businesses.

2. Businesses have to get their products out there somehow to begin with right? Well a way to do that is through Social Networking. The best Social Networking however is through the internet. The internet has many more people on it than people looking at billboards or watching T.V. Have you ever wondered how many people are using Youtube right now? Millions of people are just on Youtube, plus you add other websites like Facebook or Google and you get a lot of people, way more than people watching T.V. T.V. is a good way to advertise but has a limited amount of viewers, many poor countries don’t have television but still have internet somehow. People work all the time, many people use computers someway in work having access to the internet. The internet is way easier and more involved in everyday life. Today we also have smartphones that have internet on the go. This makes the internet way easier to access by just going on your cell phone. This is way the internet is the best Social Marketing.

1. i agree with you totaly plus more and more people are hearing about it so the want to see what its about.so it makes it eayser for buiness to get them too

2. I totaly agree agree with what you said about how one of the best ways to advertise is through social networking and the internet becasuse more people use the internet.

3. Even though many people are on the internet, not many of them are there to read/look at advertisments.

4. You are right . Almost everyone has internet and are on it everyday like at work/school. So the internet is a good way to market your product.

5. I never thought about the TV commercials of promoting a product or service, good point, also The millions of people that are on the big social networking sites or the search engines is a very intelligent way of promoting your product also.

6. i agree with you i like the tv about avertising your product and i think you would get alot of hits. plus the internet alot of people have it.

7. yes you are right that many people use the inernet and social networking sites but the majoity of the users are on there to do reaserch or to talk with their freinds.

8. i agree with you a hundred % with your statment about how the internet is the best way to get two the people. and your right that not all people have a T.V.

9. There are tons more on the internet then there are watching tv so more people will see the ad. Tv commercials are also more expensive and take more time to make.

3. By:Davis D. What is the best way to advertise companies? The best way for companies to advertise is not on social media sites, but on television and radio. First, they should advertise on these 2 things because not everyone has a computer. Even if they do have a computer, not everyone has internet; and if they do have internet, then they might not have a social media profile. Next, if companies really want to sell their product, almost everyone has a T.V./radio. Because so many people have these two things, companies can advertise to more people and advertise more because there are lot of spots for commercials on T.V. and radio. Finally, more people have televisions/radios than they do computers with internet with a social media profile. So, if they want to reach more people they should market on T.V. and radio. Statistics show that more people have televisions/radios than they do computers with internet with a social media profile; so if a company really wants to get their message across, than they should put their advertising on T.V.s and radios.

1. wow i didn’t even think about the TV and radio. That would be a better idea than facebook and twitter

2. that just made me think completly diferently thin what i was that makes alot of sence because tvs have been were people can get to them for a long time

3. Wow i Totaly agree with you in mine i mostly talked about the internet and social networking. I did’nt even think about the radio and T.V

4. Im not saying your wrong but wouldnt you say that no one ever pays attention to avertisments on tv’s?

5. I agree just because you have a computer dosnt mean you have internet or facebook or twitter. Also uasally at the end of the commerical there is a website you can go to for more infomation.

6. I totally agree with you Davis. I also believe that social advertising is not as effective as advertising on TV and the radio.

4. By Anthony Gonzalez
    Have you ever wondered why small businesses aren’t s A few reasons why that is, is because they aren’t socially active and they don’t advertise. o successful? One way for a business to succeed is by Social Networking. It’s very important to have a strategy when being in a small business so you can work your way up to become bigger and better. As Peter Freer said “It’s a fairly inexpensive investment and you get a phenomenal return on investmen What he means is that when investing it’s good to invest in advertisement to promote your business.t.” Since most people are socially active and are always on facebook or using twitter than becoming a business on there will be a smart idea. Just like how Freer did it, being on the Social Networks will promote your business. So if you’re starting into a small business being socially active might just be one your best decisions yet.

1. You bring up a good point about if you own a small business and don’t have a lot of money, it is very cheap to advertise on the internet. However, it will be hard to get the company’s name out advertising only on the internet.

2. Agreed small business should look into more social marketing to get more customers and get recognition in today’s world. Plus the small businesses can invest money to get there product put out on websites used every day.

3. I agree with you, mainstream websites such as facebook are great places to advertise since hundreds of thousands of people go on it everyday, socail marketing is a big key to a successful business.

4. Facebook and Twitter are good because there are ads all the time on them and there dirt cheap to get a small ad on.

5. Any small business out there wanting to sell a product with a new method well if you do I’ll tell you why you should use it! Content is the key to social marketing,” tell me whether Content is the key to social marketing,” tell me whether you believe that social media marketing should or should not be a business’s primary method. I think this is a good way to do it because it gets your product out there, plus people can see it. My reaction to this is that it may not work for some business just the ones that will work hard. I think this is a good way because its better than watching TV it motivates you to do something if you want to make some money. I think this is true because if you don’t try hard in life you want make it though it mean you will but not very well. This is a good why people should use this as a method in their business is because it works over all a lot of people use this. I think this is true because a lot of people have done social marketing. At the end this is a good method for a business to market a product.

1. I agree with you because theres alot of people around the world using internet and putting your product out there you get more chances of people viewing them on there.

6. I believe that a business should be more focused on other ways to interest a consumer. I watch TV all the time with and without my friends, and I know that when we watch TV commercials are not the most exciting thing to watch and we don’t pay attention to them. The funny commercials are the only ones I take an interest in but it doesn’t make me want to automatically like there product or make me want to try it. I think that a business should have more samples so that when a person or friend try’s it they can spread it around there self’s. When we talk the conversation about a certain brand or group of a product will then be spoke about and the next time we might have a want or need we will think about the most herd about product. That what I think the social media market should do.

1. I totally agree with you Nathan. It’s a fact that more people have TV, therefore more people watch TV. I agree with you that businesses should advertise on TV/radio.

7. I think that social media marketing should be a business primary giving them more promotion and more people to see their product. The thing is only big companies and businesses should be able to promote because they have money and lots of people buy their products and services. But also the small businesses may not have what the people want or need. But small businesses just can’t jump into social media marketing, when I read the article, it said that you have to know what you are doing and your product has to be suitable for that age group or audience. But if you have a product that suits the people on Facebook, twitter, which the age difference is from 12 years old to 60 years old you should take into consideration of promoting your good or service on those websites for bigger companies. Now when these sites are used they need to build a fan base for customers to look at their products or goods giving them more promotion and for people to buy their product. But think of all the people using those big web sites. That’s why Social media marketing is a good thing for any company with the right product and service that would persuade people to buy their product.

1. I agree with you when you said that a newer company can’t just jump into social media marketing but sometimes you have to. Getting the word out is hard to do as it is when you’re new let alone without some advertising. Some risks may have to be taken for a company’s survival.

2. I agree with you that many people are on social media sites so that they can gets lots of advertising but I think small companies have a good chance too because sites like facebook allow you to target your ads to certain people so that even if they are not a well know companie they can still get more business since they’re using targeted ads.

8. Have you ever thought about how many advertisements you see when you go to like say Facebook or something like that. I think that social marketing should be the main source for businesses to advertise. Millions of people very year are on Facebook and other places like that. When you look at Facebook you are advertising to all age groups also to all different places around the world. More and more people every day are going on social networks. The more technology develops the more people buy stuff like phones and with that you have more of an opportunity to go on social networks. Most people that can afford a computer or a phone with internet have some money. When people have money they are more likely to buy stuff unlike with TVs any one can watch TV rich or poor that can find a way like in Africa there were people in very bad poverty that had cable TV in their homes. In conclusion more people with money and availability to buy stuff are more likely to be on a computer thin other places so the best way to advertise would be on a social network.

1. I think your point on people with computers having more money and being able to by products on social media sites is completely true because in India lots of people get free cable TV even if they’re poor but they probably wouldn’t be able to buy products advertised on the TVs but computers aren’t available as much which means that richer people who can by the products business advertise probably own them (like you said in your paragraph).

2. i totally agree with you Eric because theres tons of people around the world that you use social networks and all those people could see on what your product is and it gets there attention and its a better chance for someone to see your product easier.

9. You know the ads before that video about people falling or cats. Everyone hates them but they are an effective way of marketing. The average person is on Facebook for about 8 hours a month. For every second your on Facebook there is a button asking you to like a product or company. This gets your mind thinking, “Well I do like Oreos. I think I’ll go eat some.” And companies can also use the people they sponsor to mention their brand on Twitter. Because if Chad Ochocinco is wearing Reebok’s in a picture on a Tweet, you subconsciously think about those shoes. Another factor is that social media marketing is almost cost free. If it’s free for you to make a Twitter or Facebook, than its also free for Taco Bell to make a Twitter or Facebook. People are so connected to their computers now that they hardly even pay attention to T.V., newspaper, etc. And companies should take advantage of it.

10. Would you rather buy something from T.V or the internet? There are three reasons why you should buy stuff from T.V and not the internet, the first one is people can just click out of the pop ups, second is when the ad is on T.V it has an internet site you can go to for more information, and last is not everyone has a computer or email, Facebook etc. The first reason is people can just click out of the pop ups. Some people don’t like pop ups because it can cause virus’s or they might be doing something important like work. The second reason is when they have the ad on T.V it has an internet site you can go to for more information. Every time you see the ad the end has an internet site you can go to or you can go on Facebook or twitter to see it to. The reason why they should put it on T.V is because not everyone has internet or Facebook etc. Some parents don’t let their kids have a Facebook or let them go online unless it’s for school or they just don’t have internet. These three reasons, people can just click out of the pop ups, when the ad is on T.V it has an internet site you can go to for more information, not everyone has a computer or email, Facebook etc. are why business should put their ads on T.V.

1. I totaly agree with you about the idea that T.V. ads are better than the inernet. but i disagree with you when you were saying that parents wont let them get on line and have a facebook. this may be true and even if it wasent the ad comapies woucld be targeting adults not childern and teens.

2. I believe that T.V. advertisments are just as un-effective as ads on the internet because you can always mute your T.V, just can you can just close them on the computer.

11. When you are on a social networking site sure you see a lot of ads and a lot of them seem like a good deal but the question is they just scams? I believe that advertising though social media is not as effective as Mr. Freer was saying. By far the majority of the time you spend on the internet is not spent reading ads. Therefore is not effective. Plus everyone has a TV or radio to pick up their local channels so it would be most effective for a small business to target local customers. Many common ads on the internet are advertising a never heard, of amazing product or service for dirt cheap, most often than not it’s probably just some dead beat crack dealer trying to scam you. The largest problem with social media advertising is nobody takes it seriously enough to actually take the time to learn more about it let alone read it. I know when ever I’m on one of those sites I am always trying to X out of the ads so I can finally view what I’m trying to look at. I believe social network advertising is one of the worst ways for a small business to market their products or services.

1. I agree with you on the fact that people close out of adds before they even see what it’s about, but there is some adds on the internet that look really cool that you just watch it, especially like new movies, games, or even phones. I agree with you that this method is not good for small community businesses but it does get out new stuff for big corporations that are well known.

2. It is true that you just X out of the pop ups and really dont care what they saying cause A you trying to read or watch something or B you might think its a scam or it can damage your computer.

12. Marketing your company or business on a social media website is an effective way to obtain consumers. For example, if your website has a Facebook and/or Twitter page, fans of your product can “like” (which promotes you product and recommends it to other people) or “follow” it. This can also help your consumers know what’s going on with the product or any new changes that may come their way. It can also help you do research on your customers, because you can ask questions as a pole and have them answer it. That information can help you improve you product, or change it to fit the wants/needs of the consumers. However, in order for being connected to social media websites to actually have a positive impact on your business, you have to know what websites will help you. Millions of people use Facebook and Twitter, so have Facebook and Twitter pages will get your product better known. But if you have a MySpace page, not many people will keep up with what’s going on in your company because hardly any people have a MySpace page. You have to be connected with the websites that are most popular among your consumers.

13. New products come out all the time and sometimes people rather to go with that new product just because its more new or works better then any other one. Mostly when a new product comes out on the internet and works the same like the other just a little different a lot of people are going to go with that new product and stop using the other one and that old product is going to loose a lot of money and viewers because of all the people going to the other new product. Its complicated because a lot of company get frustrated because the other company made a better and easier to use product. So like if your company made video games console and you had made a play station and another company comes and makes and Xbox, then if a lot of people go with that Xbox either you have to come up with some new product that will people to want your products again or else your business is just going to go down and down.

14. Is social media marketing the answer to all businesses advertising problems or not? The answer to that question is no because not everyone has a Twitter or Facebook especially young kids and older people. It is well known that many people do not use or own a social network like Twitter. So it only seems reasonable to try to appeal to a majority rather than a more select group of individuals. There are many other ways to advertise like TV or radio instead of just using a social media marketing site. Appealing to worldwide group of all ages through these methods would be a much more effective way of reaching the maximum amount of advertising potential. Another good reason is that using TVs, radios, and magazines provides more jobs. The announcers, actors, and writers need jobs that a computer based advertising system would take away. Lastly only using computer advertising encourages less reading in magazines for example and more time spent online. In medical studies it has been suggested that too much time online without enough reading can be bad for not only your mind but also your eyes. Therefore without limiting you’re selling and servicing potential it would seem wisest to not use only computers when there are so many ways to advertise.

1. Colton I understand what you are saying about not having a broad enough audience, however I think that you will find the companies that advertise their products are very precise on who they advertise to. Companies appealing to the teen and younger adults market will spend money on online advertising while older or younger company products won’t be bothered.

15. Based on what I read I do think that social media marketing is a good idea even though it has some bad parts to it. Marketing through social media is in ways a really a good idea and in some ways a really bad idea, depending on how you look at it. I’m going to give you a certain point of view. Let’s say that a new company wants to advertise their product but they don’t know how. They can always post ads online using Facebook so millions of people see it. Or they can make a TV commercial to. The problem with this is that many people don’t want to see the It’s also a good thing because tons of people are always online using Facebook or MySpace or twitter and they will see those ads. Chances are they won’t click on it. They want to chat with their friends or play games. This is one reason social media marketing is bad. Some of these people will click on the ad if they really want to. This brings it back to being a bad way to advertise the product. There’s also the way of marketing your idea on television. Billions of people watch TV and listen to what the commercials are. The problem with this is that people won’t call the number they see. It all depends on if they need the product or not. It can also depend on how it is advertised. People don’t usually click on ads on Facebook or anything. So all in all, it truly depends on how you will use the social media marketing to market your product.

16. When a new product comes out, it should not be just about business, but about seeing if the people really want or need this product. Now business is a big part of the product that just came out but you got to be a hundred percent real with the customer. Everything that is advertised should be true on the product. Meaning that if you di false advertisement, you will most likely get less and less more customers, which would lead to losing the business or product. You also need to focus on if the costumer really wants or needs this specific item. When advertising you wants something that will grab their attention. So like if you put a popular movie star in a commercial, you will turn he heads of customers towards your direction.so to wrap this up, my conclusion is that when marketing it should be about the peoples wants and needs, but it (about 80%) should be also about business.

17. More and more these days we see the ever increasing number or social add; the question is however, should they be the primary source for business. More and more these days we see the ever increasing number or social add; the question is however, should they be the primary source for business advertisement. I believe that TV advertising is a much more effective way of spreading the news of a new product. I believe that TV advertising is a much more effective way of spreading the news of a new product. One reason that TV is better is that many people c lick out of social advertising without looking at it. I know that I am more inclined to look at TV advertisements than social ones. Another reason that TV advertising is better than social advertising is that most people spend more time with the TV, than with the computer and social advertising. I know for one that I spend much more time watching TV than using my computer. One last reason for businesses to not use social advertising for their primary source of advertising is that TV commercial are more exciting. I know that I am more interested in TV commercials than social commercials on the computer. TV is definitely the better way for advertising.

1. I agree with the point about TV being better for advertising because of the appeal and more availability of Tv compared to computers.

2. I strongly agree with you Jacob because I hardly ever go on the computer and when I do I see these annoying ads all over the screen poping up every time i click on something. Also i watch alot of TV and the advertisments on televison are more entertaining and much more informative and persusive.

18. I personally think the social media is a great thing because of the things it can do to you and there are some up’s and down’s I will say but it is still a great thing. It can help you in the Future as it can today with all the things it can help you with. It can help with finding a business and homes and a lot of other cool things that you may not know about. If you need a job you can use those social Medias and find them. There are so many great things about it but if you look at the NEGITIVE side then there are some bad things about it. Like if you want a job and you look for one and there are some but you can’t find the one that best fits you and what you like and interest you and the activates that you love and etc. Social media is great things so don’t think it’s a bad thing because it has a few negative things that you don’t like about it. Social media can be used for so many other things as well. So why I said this was because there are some really great things about social media you just have to look at the POSITIVES things about it.

19. in order for you to loose customers, wouldnt you have to have the customers first? wouldnt they have to invest in your company? other than that i completely agree with you.

20. If you want your company known, advertise on the internet. The internet is a great place to get views and feedback on a company or product. Most kids in the western hemisphere go on the internet. Sites like Facebook, twitter, and YouTube, have millions of members. If you advertise on these big sites, you will probably get many people to see your product and maybe even click on the ad. You might find it cheaper and more efficient to advertise on the internet. If you advertise on TV, the commercial is only played for a certain amount at a time and is expensive. A website might cost less and the ad doesn’t only play at a certain time like a commercial. A customer has more time to look into the thing that the ad is advertising and if they like it, they can go straight to your website. People can get better information on the product through ads on the internet. If the viewer sees an ad they are interested in, they can just click on it and go right to the company website. You can’t do that on a commercial. If you are thinking about making an ad on TV, look at the price, amount of viewers, and efficiency of making that commercial. The internet is cheaper, gets more information out to the customer, and has more viewers.

1. I totally agree with you on how internet is good place to look but major sites like Facebook, YouTube, and twitter are very known sites and would quite expense.

21. Advertisements are meant to sell items to the consumers, but how should you advertise? I think the best way to advertise anything is through the internet, because when people are surfing the web they can always see advertisements in the web page. Almost everywhere you look on the internet you will see a box either on the left, right, top, or bottom of the page and it will be advertisement. I think this technique of advertisement is good because it lets the consumers know when new items come. This advertisement is also good because it can even remind people that they need to get something from the store. I think this is good because it reminds you to get what you need if you forgot. Advertisements on the internet shows people new items that would maybe get them interested in a new hobby. I have seen many advertisements that make me get interested in the product after seeing they’re advertisement. Internet advertisement is the best way to advertise because it has many positive actions.

22. The USA has the largest Facebook user base with approximately 155 million people, which represents 23.6% of Facebook’s total users, for businesses, large or small, advertising over a social media website like Facebook, could be a very good thing. Many people believe that using social media website to advertise, isn’t any more helpful than just normal advertising, (newspapers, phonebooks, bill boards, magazines,commercials) others believe that with adding on the social media marketing to their regular advertising, that it will boost sales. In my opinion, because I am a Facebook, Tumblr, Flickr, and Instagram user, social media does help businesses, if used properly. If a business makes a page or an account that they don’t update regularly, then they won’t benefit from using the site. In truth, depending on what the business is, having a social media account or page, may or may not help them boost sales at all. For example, a page advertising cloths from a store like Hollister will get an advantage from it because most of the people that shop at Hollister are young, most young people use social media sites. If it were a business selling something like cough syrup, then having a social media page probably wouldn’t boost sales more with just normal advertising. All in all, social media advertising is a smart choice for a large fraction of business.

23. Social Media Marketing
    Have you ever been on a website doing something really important, then a pop up comes up at the top of your screen? You don’t even read it, close it right away, and get back to what you were doing. These online advertisements are not useful, and very annoying. If you see an advertisement on a website, you can close it right away. If you see a commercial on TV, you can’t close the commercial. This is one example of why advertisements on the internet are a bad idea. You can close them right away, for most people it is an instinct to do so. Another reason why is because more people watch TV than they spend time on the computer. When people go to relax, they usually go sit down and watch TV, where every 10-15 minutes or so a commercial shows up, advertising a product or business. This is a good way to advertise your product. The last reason why computer advertisements are a bad idea is because when people are on the internet, they are usually on for a specific reason, so they don’t want to look at an advertisement. You just close the pop up and continue with your work. As you can see these are three very good reasons of why online advertising is not a good idea.

1. Brandon I am not sure that that there really are more people watching TV then being on the computer. I wonder if almost more people are online more often now rather then only a few years ago.

2. I partially agree with you, only because I do think that pop-ups are not useful and people just ignore them, or use the pop-op block on their computer, but commercials still have their cons too. Most people change the channel when commercials come on.

3. I have to agree with the part about pop ups and how nobody pays and attention to them, they are annoying to the consumer and usless for the company.

24. When you see ads, do you see them more on social media sites, or other places like TV or radio? Well, with almost everyone on Facebook nowadays you’d probably say social media. That’s why in my opinion, social media should always be a business’s primary tool for marketing a new product to someone. Firstly, social media sites are visited by many people throughout the day with most of those people coming back to the site daily. For example, Facebook is one of the biggest social media sites with the most members of any site and the most visited site (it surpassed Google). With that many visitors, you’ll be sure to have people noticing your ads. Next, social media sites are usually worldwide which means that your ads can be seen by the entire world if you want them to be. So when you have a product to show off to the whole world, social media sites can show it off easily for you without you having to travel around the world to do it. Finally, social media ads are customizable so that if you have a specific audience you want to see your ad, you can have it sent to them specifically. An example of this is Facebook that lets you make an ad and then chose people to send it to that are from a specific area, are a specific age and gender, and like specific things. With the multitude of options and audiences available with social media, you can see it’s the clear choice for businesses that are unveiling a new product to the public.

25. Have you ever thought about people using Facebook and twitter for marketing? People who are making business or are trying to make people like their product and what people to follow them on Facebook or twitter to make fans like them and make them richer or famous. People who try to get other people’s attention stuff like this even though they are not famous or known by millions of people they are known by Facebook and twitter. People take advantage of Facebook and twitter so that they could sale their products or whatever it is they want people to buy and get people’s attention and like them. Facebook and twitter is a place where all people could see and use a lot to contact or keep in touch with people and even make friends that’s why a lot of people like to use those kind of web sites but I also think that YouTube, TV and radios and stuff like that also work.

26. Social Media Marketing Choices

*Bludoop* would you like to enter for a chance to win a free 100 dollar gift card to the mall of your choice? Then Like our page on Facebook to learn more!
    Haven’t you ever seen one of these pop up on your computer? Ever been surfing the internet or on a social media site and found one of these ads in the corners of your eyes. That is because the social media aspect to businesses is growing at an exponential rate. As more and more people log on to websites such as Facebook or twitter, companies will continue to create online advertising. Because the social media is so well known I think that even if you send out 1000 ads at a cheap price the odds are that someone will see it are really good. with well over a billion users on all of these sites the market for anything can span many different people. I think that the social networking is more important than non-electronic ads and possibly even more than TV. When you see a TV add you can just change the channel and you don’t have to watch it anymore. However when an ad for a new game is on the side of your facebook screen then you have to let is stay there and you might even click the link. This in turn doesn’t do to much for your sales, but at lest it gets the companies name out there.

1. Ty you have a point but it is even easier to just click out of a computer add then a TV advertisement so I think that you may have a slight arguement on your hands on that topic.

2. I strongly disagree with you Ty. When ever I see a pop up on the internet, I always exit out . With a TV commercial, you get someting more exciting and interesting.

3. Ty i somewhat diagree because when you do see and internet add your annoyed by it therefore you want to just exit out of it and forget about it. so really i see putting ads out on the internet are a waste of money and time for many of the businesses out there.

27. There are so many ways to advertise companies but have you ever thought about which is the best way to advertise your company? Well through research I have found that the best way to advertise your company is on the internet, such as on social networking sites, business sites such as eBay, or even on your company’s own web site! On social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc. there are options for what kind of profile you want to set up so of course for business you would set up a business profile for you company, and with that profile you can personalize it the way you want to draw attention from customers and then you can start adding stuff on there for people to buy, plus you can link it to you company’s website as well to lead customers into buying more products. To support and advertise your business you can also put ads up on sites such as eBay. Items on eBay are for for auction or buy it now Price and that way if someone is just searching for something on eBay your item may show up on their page and if they click on it it would lead them to your site and they can see what else they want to buy from you. But probably the best in my opinion is having your own website. That’s because on your own web site you can advertise and list things for sale and lead customers in pretty much however you want, plus on your own website you can link all of your social media pages and business pages such as eBay that way when they are on Facebook or one of the other sites they can click one icon and be at your website or they could be on your website and click the Facebook or another website icon linked to your page and they would be on your profile of that website being able to see more of your advertisements. That is why social media marketing is such a good thing to have

28. Social networking is one of the biggest ways of advertising. With using face book and everything like that now there are so many advertisements. Facebook and other online things are some of the most used web sites so by putting advertisements on there many people are seeing them. There are so many different ways social networking. Social networking can hurt companies or help them it just depends on how they use it. Social networking has help a lot of businesses by getting there information out to the world. But as well as helping it can hurt businesses because they are spending the money for the network but what if people weren’t to buy whatever is being advertised then the person or businesses we be out on the money they spent on the network.

1. You have some good point but i have to diagree with you on how it hurts bussinesses. the fee for posting an ad on facebook is next to none compared to other forms of advertisement.

29. What do you think of social media marketing? In my opinion, social media marketing is great for businesses and should be their main method for marketing. These days, mostly everyone uses a computer, whether it’s for a social network, gaming, email, etc., and there’s bound to be an advertisement somewhere on the page. Every time I go on the computer, I see advertisements everywhere. If you were to go to, let’s say, Facebook and look at the page, you will always find an advertisement or even a page devoted to a business. I think it’s a good way to get someone hooked on a product because they might see the ad and be interested. Social networking is one of the top reasons why people will use a computer and if a business posts an ad on one, they could get more customers because of it. Sometimes I’ll see an ad and like it, so it’s a great way for a business to spread the word about their product. When it comes to social media marketing, I’m all for it.

30. It seems to me like you are on the fence with social media marketing;you make very good points but they are very different. I can’t tell if you think online advertising is a good thing or a bad thing.

31. I think that is should help promote a business or a new product but some people don’t go on social networking sits so they won’t see them. do u believe social media marketing should or should not be a businesses primary method of marketing a new product? More people will see it. Because a lot of people use like twitter and Facebook and email so they will all see it and if it is something they like they will probably tell their friends and family and they will get more business. It helps tell people about it. Some people don’t like watching commercials so they change the channel when they come on so they won’t hear about them so they can go on social networking sites. It’s also bad because some people don’t have Facebook twitter or email and then they will know about them. The people who don’t have Facebook and twitter and email will not hear about it tell they friends of family tell them about I think that they should just some people won’t see they thing that they are promoting it

32. Are you informed or annoyed by media advertisements such as TV commercials or ads online? I believe that media advertisements like television commercials and online ads are the best way to go about advertising a product. Some people are annoyed by all the advertisements and that’s understandable but sometimes annoying can really grab the consumer’s attention. I mean really doesn’t a commercial interrupting your TV show grab your attention or when you’re on Facebook and you get this annoying pop up ad. Also I believe this method of advertising is the most effective because we live in a world of technology. No one sits around and listens to the radio or read newspaper articles, people are out on their computers and watching TV. So by far with technology we have and the annoyance of ads on electronics, media advertisement is clearly the most effective way or advertisement.

33. Have you ever heard of a brand because of an online advertisement or an internet commercial? Social media marketing is one of the best ways to make your new business known by many. On Facebook, people can enter into contests that anyone on the same social network can be a part of which creates a fun way to show that your business cares about the customers. I find that the more successful the product, the bigger their online marketing will grow. Also, you can find advertisements on almost any website. It is an easy way to catch the eyes of people on a daily basis of your product. Finally, there has been much beneficial feedback about businesses and their growth due to the type of advertising. With as much advanced technology we have today, it’s almost impossible not to see your new product name somewhere online. All in all, if I owned a new business, I would make sure to find my place to advertise on the web.

1. I agree that it can be more fun and I would probably advertise on the internet too if I had a business.

34. Marketing and getting your business known can be a challenge, but now business owners have a new and better way to market their products, social networking. Social networking is fairly new and businesses are just starting to realize the advantage and opportunity that these websites offer, I think social networking is one of the most effective ways to advertise. On these sites, businesses have plenty of options for how they can go about advertising their product. For example, on Facebook, you can look up almost any business or good and “Like” it, then other people see that their friend “Liked” it and they try it out and then they “Like” it. Then it just escalades from there. More than 840 million people are on Facebook, if your advertisement comes up every time someone logs in, you get a lot bigger audience then without. If I owned a small business and I had the choice to have a bigger audience or not, I would choose to have a bigger viewing group and more possible customers. Advertising on a social networking site gets u known better than any other form of advertisement because people can share things easier on one of those sites and so you get known quicker and by more people. Personally, I share more things that I like over Facebook than I would tell a person that I just met, only because it’s easy and convenient. I believe that social networking is the future of communication, and advertising, it just makes everything more accessible and more convenient. Social networking is definitely the best way to advertise.

35. Will social marketing really help your business grow stronger, more popular, and raise more money? Yes. Because now days, you can find just about everything on the internet! And every day, millions of people see ads on their Facebook page or on Twitter, or even on Myspace. Yet you may need help with getting advertisement about your company onto the web. You need a good strategy before you dive into something that may be a waste of time.
    Social media marketing is a hot conversation piece for people who really have absolutely no experience in marketing and communications and say that they are a “social media gurus”. So you really do need to know what you’re doing to help save you from any trouble. You need to have a professional atmosphere about you so that you can have an increased chance of having more customers buying your products. You really do need some very good experience with marketing and communications when you’re going to advertise your business or company on a blog or a social network.
    There are professionals offering marketing and communications consulting on Messageworks. There are also digital and social-media solutions for smaller businesses and or non-profit organizations. If your company doesn’t have much experience in marketing and communications, then you can go to Messageworks and get some professional help with things you should know. The more experience the more it will help out! People want an official advertisement, not something that doesn’t look professional because the consumers may think they’re getting tricked into buying something that was pointless!
    Having a good strategy helps you out big time. Before you go jumping into things you need to know what you’re doing. You need some experience with, of course, marketing and communications. You need to be able to be fully responsible for your advertisements for your company. If I see an unprofessional ad, and they are advertising something that seems fake to me, I’m going to be disappointed. Disappointed consumers and customers are not good for a business, because companies need consumers to buy their products so that they can make a profit.
    For a business and a company to keep it going in everyday marketing, they need to have good strategy, a lot of experience in marketing and communications, and they need to be convincing and sell products that will appeal to a consumer’s wants and needs. To keep your company or business going, you need to advertise and show the world what you sell so that you can sell your products and have better competition.

36. Do you ever wonder how you could expand your advertisement while also reaching people who are interested in the products or services you sell? There is no better place than social media networks where you could put an advertisement. When a business decides to advertise on a social media network like Facebook you could either buy an ad or you could just simply create a page for your business. When the business does make a page it is free and doesn’t take much time at all so you can focus on more important things and spend money on worthier causes than advertising or get more advertising for your money. On certain media cites they have ways to ask your followers questions about your products. This is an easy way to get in the head of the people who willingly want your constant advertisement and cuts out all the people who would just be annoyed by another ad. When a business creates a page on Facebook, Twitter, or MySpace they can post whatever they want their followers to see. That means that you can promote special offers and events all year round. Social media is a quick and easy way to advertise to more interested people about your products.

1. I agree that the simplicity of online advertising is good, but not all internet advertising is free.

37. When you’re on the internet, many sites and pages are dominated by advertising. I think that social media marketing is the best way for a business to gain customers. Freer said that it can “humanize and position a business” and I agree. Advertisements on the internet seem less formal and more inviting than, for example, billboards next to the road. He also says that it’s “fairly inexpensive”, which is good for the business. Not all businesses are going to want to spend money on advertising, so the more inexpensive and profitable the better. People can offer things before they advertise, too. When that happens, it’s more like a trade and people are more likely to think about what the business is advertising. Based on the price and the strategies businesses can use, I’d say social media marketing is a pretty good option for advertisement.

38. Are the people that make twitter or face book people that are trying to make a quick buck off of something people use to talk to each other? Why do people start these kinds of things? People think that face book is part of marketing, and it should be part of it. People only think that it should be part of marketing because… the company makes money off of either gift cards or subscriptions. The people that make twitter say they have resources to make the program, but this is true. True that the people that make these sights have resources for that stuff, but the only resources I see is capital resources and labor recourses. That is what I think about media marketing.

39. Starting a business can be difficult, especially when nobody knows that your business is out there. Starting a page on a social network could really help you with that. Lots of people will be interested and check the page out. You can answer questions, advertise products, give the address of your company, etc. Giving information about your company will increase trust and interest in your company with the people. Getting someone to blog or post about your company is a good thing to have also. People’s interest in your company will be furthered knowing that somebody else likes what your company is selling. Going on multiple social sites will also get more people to be interested. With a blogger and a page on multiple sites, you get more people as opposed to only being on one site. In conclusion, if you follow all of these steps, you’ll be golden as far as grabbing people’s attention on social sites goes.