Mr. Noland

Today I interviewed one of our Spanish teachers, Mr. Noland. He was born in Washington D.C. but moved all around the world. He went to school in Ecuador, Chile, Mexico, and Durango, Colorado. He’s been married for 37 years and has three daughters. On his free time he likes to eat sushi, play with his grandkids, and be outdoors. One place in the world he’d liked to visit is China. He also loves the sport soccer.

Before Mr. Noland became a teacher he was a coast guard, worked for search and rescue, was an investigator and worked at the courthouse. He chose to teach Spanish because he wanted to help kids better themselves and because he can speak Spanish fluently. Mr. Noland has been teaching at Fruita 8/9 for two years and has been making a huge difference is the students’ lives.

I chose to interview Mr. Noland because he’s a really great teacher. He made learning Spanish a lot easier than it’s been in the past few years. I always have fun in his class and enjoy learning a new language. Mr. Noland is a great person and a great teacher and makes the long last hour of the day enjoyable.