Coach Hayes

There are many interesting teachers at Fruita 8/9 but I chose Ms. Hayes/ Coach Hayes.  She is the PE teacher at Fruita 8/9 and has been for 8-9 years. She said she plans on staying here until she is Coop’s age. Coop is the other PE teacher. She enjoys teaching PE at the 8/9. She isn’t just a plane ol’ PE teacher, she also likes to golf, hunt, fish, and play volleyball for fun outside of school. Today she plays volleyball and golf for fun. Coach Hayes doesn’t just like to play sports but she likes to watch sports. She likes to watch football and baseball and he favorite teams are the Denver Broncos, the Colorado Rockies, and the Saint Louis Cardinals. She enjoys listening to country music.

When she went to high school she went to Eagle Valley high school. After that she went to Mesa State and earned her Master’s at Walden. When she was younger she wanted to become a PE teacher which she accomplished. She played volleyball, softball, golf, track and basketball in high school. When she was younger she enjoyed doing anything that involved being outside. One of her favorite hangout spots when she was younger was the gym or Glenwood. One of her biggest fears is growing old and only having cats, tons of them. One of her favorite child hood memories was building forts down by the river. Of course her favorite class in school was always PE. Her hero or the person she looked up to was her middle school PE teacher. She said this because she was in her 50’s and doing cart wheels and she’s in her 70’s today and she still snowboards and is very active.

I chose Coach Hayes because she is so similar to me. I love having Coach Hayes as a PE teacher. She reminds me of me in a way because I’m very athletic and I always love being outdoors and being very active and I especially love hunting and fishing. Coach is a different teacher than others she knows how to do her job but she does it in a way where you have fun and unlike other teachers she listens when you have an opinion on the things and if you get in trouble she listens to your side of the story and doesn’t jump to conclusions like other teachers. She also is very joyful you never see her in a bad mood so when she is in a bad mood you know something is wrong. Coach Hayes is my favorite teacher out of anyone I’ve ever had and she is also similar to me because she loves big, loud, lifted Ford trucks just like me.