Final Essay

Final Essay

In media productions this year I learned many things about computers, creativity, and literary writing. These are the three things I learned most. I improved my computer skills by understanding the proper way to edit my projects. I expanded on my creativity by making every assignment different form previous classes. I made my writing skills increase drastically by making my pieces extraordinary with descriptive word choice.

My computers skills were improved through the use of Audacity and VideoPad, I was not used to using these programs at the beginning of the semester. However now I can use them with great ease. I used Audacity to record and create great podcasts that go onto our website. I would have to add media and edit some mistakes, because nobody is perfect. Than I would have to add music so it would not be boring along with transitions. In VideoPad I had to edit the announcements and commercials. The announcements would need editing because we had to add the pledge and introduction before we had the actual announcements. Than with commercials we needed to add music and subtitles to explain the purpose of the commercial. The mainuntitled way I improved my computer skills was by using new programs that I wasn’t used to.

I expanded my creativity by making my own interviews and working on my own a lot. Even though I had a team we all did specific sections instead of all working together, that way the work load was divided up equally and we all got to experience the programs. By making my own interviews it taught me to not be shy, because I had to talk to everyone by myself with out and adults or other students. I will use not being shy in the future all the time, if I get lost, want a girls number, or anything that I am not sure of and I can’t just ask my parents. I also had to record and edit every part of the interview so again it improved my computer skills.

My writing skills increased drastically, by having my own blog basically. I had to come up with my own topics and had to figure out the best way to plan it and make it interesting. This was good for me because now I know how to make a great piece of writing that is interesting but yet also factual, therefore I can use this in the future in any of my classes. For my research blog I had to make sure the facts were accurate and the sources were good, or else it would be false information for that reason I learned how to find reliable sources and I was able to organize the good and useful facts from the useless facts.

This media productions class was a great class to improve my computer skills, creativity skills, and my literary writing skills. This was a great class and I am glad I got to experience it, because I will use almost everything I learned in the future in a lot of ways.