Fruita 8/9’s Own Ms. Moore

Ms. Moore’s maiden name was Moore and her name is still Moore because she got a divorce. Ms. Moore grew up in Grand Junction Colorado her whole life, she went to Broadway Elementary school. She went to Fruita middle school and graduated Fruita Monument High School. When she graduated high school she went straight to College. She went to Colby, Mesa State, and Walden for college. When Ms. Moore was younger she would play softball “softball was my whole life” she said, she would also play musical instruments. Her dad was really into airplanes so on the weekends they would go to an airport and just hang out there while her dad would do stuff at the airport and it was not fun for her at all. DSC00559

Ms. Moore has three children they are 4 ½ years old, 10 years old, and 12 years old. Her 10 year old goes to Shelledy elementary school and her 12 year old goes to the Fruita middle school. Her mom and dad live in Colorado and her mom works at St. Mary’s hospital as a nurse and her dad is into planes and he works as an engineer. Her parents had nothing to do with her being a teacher and neither did her family because none of her family worked at a school before. She decided to be a teacher because she was a terrible student when she was in school and so she wants to help kids that struggled like she did so she thought if she became a teacher then the students would get better grades then she did and pass with a decent grade.

Even though Ms. Moore decided to be a teacher she says that it is still hard being a teacher because every day is different and you never know what to expect from high school students. Also, she has to grade papers and it is very tiring grading papers especially when you can’t read the kids handwriting. Having everyday be different is also a positive because you will never get tired of your job and most people with different jobs usually get tired of their jobs and she never does because every day is a new experience. She became a high school teacher instead of a middle school teacher because the content is so much better in high school better than in middle school. Also, because high school students are more shaped and they have better personalities than middle school students and they make you laugh and have fun in the class room. She became a literacy teacher in the first place because the people who inspired her in school were literacy teachers and she thought that it would be fun to be a literacy teacher instead of a different subject. Ms. Moore has been teaching for 17 years.

The 8/9 is a great school because all the staff is like family because when another staff is down they help each other get happier or help them out with their problems. They don’t just let the other staff be sad or depressed they help each other out and make each other laugh and smile so they have a better day. Ms. Moore is in a club/group is called “Response to Intervention” (RTI) this club/group is for kids who need help with school and they will get recommended to this club/group and the teachers in it like Ms. Moore will help them out. I heard that this club is great for students to get help on their school work that they are behind on or need help on by a teacher.

I picked Ms. Moore to do a biography on because she is my favorite teacher. She is so helpful when it comes to doing school work and she is a funny teacher. She is very laid back and she doesn’t get mad very easily and that helps because the students don’t get overly stressed if they don’t get what she talked about or if they didn’t turn things in because she doesn’t yell at them for it. Ms. Moore is a great role model for students because she tries to help students out as much as she can and she doesn’t get mad at students as easily as other teachers do. I like all the other teachers but Ms. Moore is my favorite teacher of all times. When I go into her class I feel like I am at home and that is great because I actually get my work done and don’t get distracted as easily as I do in other classes.