Mr. Birch

Mr. Birch

Mr. Birch has always wanted to teach, he had the idea of what all teachers want, to be the greatest teacher. He told me that ever since he was a kid, he had wanted to be a fun, creative teacher who could inform kids about all subjects, but wanted to make them want to be at school. He wanted these students to want to come to learn at school and make learning exciting. Birch went to the University of Nebraska to learn how to be not just a teacher but an idol and a mentor.

Mr. Birch has always lived in the Grand Junction area, he grew up here and lived with his family here. After high school he left to go to the college he had always liked. The University of Nebraska, Here he learned how to teach and after getting his degrees in social sciences education for 7-12th graders, he came back to the Grand Junction area after. Before he came to teach at Fruita Monument High School, and the Fruita 8/9 school, he taught and substituted at Bookcliff Middle School. After being at Bookcliff he said that he wanted to be a substitute to be able to go around and teach many different students across the Grand Valley.

I know Mr. Birch because he is now, unexpectedly a long term substitute teaching for Mr. Majors classes. Mr. Majors was one of my favorite teachers in the school and I was sad to see that he was gone. At first I wasn’t really happy with our sub, but once I started to get to talk to him and open up, he turned out to be a pretty cool guy. Out of any of the subs that we could have gotten I am glad that we got Mr. Birch. He is doing an outstanding job at teaching us the things we need to know and he is also learning on the way too.