Introducing the one and only Mrs. Fyock!

IMG_0087As I walked into Mrs. Fyocks I saw a teacher that seemed kind of quiet and laid back, but I guess you can’t judge a book by the cover. When I told her who I was and what I was doing her voice became high and she seemed to be bright and happy. She was born and raised in Alamos, Colorado and competed in gymnastics and played soccer. This really surprised me, as a student I walked into the classroom wanting to know a lot about her but the one thing that I never saw coming out of her mouth was that she played a sport. Now I don’t mean this in a rude way but it seems as if most teachers were “nerds” when they were in school. It was surprising to see a math teacher say that she was in sports when she was younger. I think that this was a really cool thing. It is always fun for kids to be able to talk to their teachers about the sports they play. Mrs. Fyock was born and raised in Alamosa, Colorado and went to college at Adam State University. Mrs. Fyock actually has a degree in chemistry a minor in biology and a masters in science education.

“What made you want to be a teacher?” I asked

She began to explain how here mom was a teacher. She told me that following in her mom’s footsteps was very important to her. But at the same time she loves working with kids.

“Being able to help kids and spend my day with them rocks!” Mrs. Fyock exclaimed.

She hopes to inspire students to feel successful and to want to better not only in school but in what they love to do.

The one thing that really stuck with me from talking to her was how much she loves her little boy Paxton. Mrs. Fyock was a great person to talk to.