My Semester

My semester

During my semester of Media Productions I learned a lot and enjoyed what I did in here. There are 3 main things, but it definitely isn’t the only thing I learned. I had to have team work to work with my partner and others around me. I had to rely on them to get their job done and do mine at the same time. We all did work and we would help each other when needed, which we did a lot.

I started out in the commercial group doing interviews, and editing commercials. I recorded some but after that I just ended up interviewing for the most part. It took a while to get use to speaking, and the people who we were interviewing always asked questions and we had no clue how to reply to them. After a while I got used to it and as they got out of a class I told them exactly what to do, how to do it, and sometimes what to say if needed. Even though I did a lot of the interviewing I still learned how to work the camera and most of its features, and edit.

We then transitioned to being the news anchor. Nevaeh and I had to edit the news and what we would say. Then speak in front of the camera for basically the whole school to see. It was hard and a little embarrassing to speak in front of the camera. But we quickly learned that reading the screen as we are going and trying to speak normal was the hardest part of all (and Nevaeh gave me a lot of the things to say). Editing the news wasn’t too hard, we had the commercial group that did a lot of it and we just had to put it together and add some music.

Then there came the blogs. Posting wasn’t hard after we learned and our first assignment was getting use to everything. The only problem was researching the topic. It was a little hard to find what I wanted but it ended up working out. I enjoy seeing all the people look at our blogs from across the world to just one state over. I don’t know how someone can find us like that but they find a way.

My classmates and I learned a lot this semester. It was very enjoyable and we did a lot. Almost every week we were busy either maxresdefaultdoing work or helping others. I mainly enjoyed hearing what others had to say about. If they liked it or not, if they wanted to add something. We took in a lot of ideas and always talked about the home games at our school/high school. This semester was very interesting.