NBA Off Season 2017

I’m going to write about the latest news in the NBA. This includes trades, trade rumors, and signings. I choice this topic because I’m very inserted in this sport and the “drama” that happens. Also, I love to see teams sign and trade big names and I love to see other teams win not the same teams. I think that this offseason was a big one for the NBA and was good for teams to get built and ready for the next season. Plus, the offseason isn’t over which is great because other trades can happen and some big signings can happen. Also, some role players that still available.

My first topic is the big trade that happen this offseason. There was some pretty big trade some big names and some trades that us fans didn’t expect coming. The trade that I’m going to talk about is the Paul George. Paul was traded from the Indiana Pacers to the Oklahoma State Thunder. “The Indiana Pacers have traded forward Paul George to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis.” (Sports Illustrated) As you can see this was a crazy trade the thunder got an All-Star Small Forward and the Pacers got really nothing. Which this trade really good for the Thunder because they got a really good player for a role player at the most and an unproven rookie that really didn’t do anything for the team. In my opinion this trade is going to impact the NBA a lot.

My next topic is a big signing is Gordon Hayward signed with the Celtics. “The Boston Celtics announced Friday that they officially finalized the signing of forward Gordon Hayward in free agency.” (Bleacher report). “Hayward agreed to a max contract of four years and $128 million.” (Bleacher Report). This is a big signing because it affects the East. The East was always dominated by LeBron’s teams (Heat or Cav’s) but with this signing, the Boston Celtics can compete with the Cavs because they have a small forward that can score with LeBron and maybe even guard him. Gordon will have a big impact to in free agency. He will attract other big names to Boston.

The biggest contract excision was Steph Curry. He signed a contract excision with the Golden State Warriors which just won the last 2-3 finals. Warriors are a really good team when Curry plays. Curry is one of the best Point Guard in the league. He is the best PG in the league when Curry plays at his best. No one can play up to his level when he plays at his best. Back to the signing, “Golden State Warriors, a five-year, $201 million supermax deal that makes him the highest annually compensated athlete in the world” (CBS NBA). Steph Curry signed the biggest contract in the NBA. Curry is will be the compensated athlete in the world. Which is really surprising because there is a lot of really good athletes in the world.

As you can see there has been a lot of stuff that happened this offseason which is really cool to see because it shows that teams are still competitive and still going after the dream A Championship. I just chipped the ice berg on the offseason which is amazing. I love that things are still interesting and crazy stuff happening in the NBA. I think the NBA season is going to be amazing. I think there is going to be a lot of story’s about the NBA season. Will there be a NEW CHAMP? Or Will the Warriors Stay the Champs?

Worked Sited

Woo, Jeremy. “Reports: Pacers Trade Paul George to Thunder.” SI.com, Sports Illustrated, 1 July 2017, www.si.com/nba/2017/06/30/paul-george-traded-indiana-pacers-oklahoma-city-thunder.
Hughes, Grant. “Gordon Hayward Gives Boston Celtics Exactly What They Need.” Bleacher Report, Bleacher Report, 4 July 2017, bleacherreport.com/articles/2719835-gordon-hayward-gives-boston-celtics-exactly-what-they-need.