Major Majors, He’s a Tennis Player

Mr. Majors, born June 12, 1952 in Englewood, California, is the ninth grade AP Human Geography teacher here at Fruita 8/9. His family moved here to Grand Junction, Colorado when he was young and this is where he grew up. He is the younger brother of his sister, and the older brother of his younger brother. His father is deceased but his mother, Patricia Majors, lives up in Montana along with his sister. His younger brother lives in South Carolina. Throughout the years, Mr. Majors has lived in both Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee. He is not married, but he has a son, Ben, who goes to college in Vermont. He still keeps company with his two dogs, Maggie and Lilly.

I asked him, “When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?” he responded with, “a teacher actually, I mostly thought about it in high school and not much earlier.” And he became what he wanted. Mr. Majors has taught before at the actual high school (Fruita Monument High School), but since the 8/9 has opened six years ago his position is here in room 178. I asked him who his favorite teacher as a child and teenager, he said Mr. Laved. 

Mr. Majors has many favorites, including sports. He coaches the tennis team here at Fruita, he also plays the sport. He has also coached ski racing. I asked him who his favorite athlete is, and as a response “Hermann Maier.” came to mouth. Hermann Maier is a famous Austrian ski racer. His favorite show to watch is The Office, starring Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Steve Carell, and also many others. The book Great Plains by Ian Frazier is his most favored book.

So far this year Mr. Majors is pretty chill. You can ask him questions and he will answer, it’s kind of like he knows everything. The only down thing about Mr. Majors, is he makes us take notes and remember vocabulary words that we’ll probably forget soon enough and his class isn’t that exciting. Yet, I do sit in the far most corner but I still pay good enough attention. So here’s a shout out to Mr. Majors, my sixth hour AP Human Geography teacher, thanks Majors!