Track coach Interveiw

Usually these interviews talk about people and where they grew up and their life up to today, that’s great and all but I find sports to be much more interesting. Well, as I said I love sports so of course I interviewed a track coach; Ms. Hayes, she grew up in a town in her home state Colorado, she grew up in Gypsum. Just as every other kid she went through grade school and middle. She attended Eagle Valley High School.

She started doing track in high school. Most kids have one or two events, not MS. Hayes, she competed in four! The 100 meter dash, 100 meter hurdles she also did long jump and triple jump. See I would love to just talk about track, but that is only a bit of her story. She went to Mesa Colorado University. She did not do track in collage. She mainly worked toward her teaching career.

“Did you always want to be a gym teacher?” I asked her.

“Yes, until I went to college, for some reason I switched my major. When I was a semester away from graduating with a degree in radiology when I switched back to physical education.”

I was cereous why she wanted to be a track coach and she said that she loves to be outside loves coaching and she knows about track by competing in high school. Know, a lot of teachers coach but she is a gym teacher, I asked her if she felt like she was expected to coach a sport because she is a gym teacher.

“No not expected, I just have a background in sports and went to school for it. I love coaching; you get the kids that really want to be there and for the most part want to get better!”

It was a great answer and an even better interview.