Golf or Basketball?!

NBA was first founded in 1946. Basketball is a very popular sport lots of people love the sport and want to play it. I think that Michael Jordan was a big part in how basketball became big because he made it fun and everyone loved watching him and now everyone says “I wanna be like Mike.”  I also think that basketball is big all over the world. Not only do people here in America want to watch and play basketball there is also people in like Spain who like this sport and there is pro teams in other countries too.

Golf was first played in the 15th century in Scotland. I’m not really a huge fan of golf but quite a few people play it and people from all over the world come to compete in competitions. It must be a big enough sport if a lot of people pay money and go watch these professionals compete on the golf course.

I honestly think that basketball is a way better sport than golf. I think golf is boring and it’s pretty much useless. I also think golf is an old man sport. Some people might disagree with me and  say oh well in basketball all you do is run up and down the court and put the ball in the basket, but it’s a lot more than you think. It takes a lot of team work and it’s a lot harder than you think. You actually have to work and get in shape unlike golf all you do is ride in golf carts and walk to wherever your ball is. In basketball when you work as a team and accomplish something it is a lot better than being independent and achieving something because it is very hard to work with a team and  it gets hard at times so I think it makes you feel better about yourself when you accomplish something with your team then by yourself.

Work Cited:

“Golf.” Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 23 Apr. 2013. Web. 01 May 2013. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf>.

“Basketball.” Wikipedia.com. N.p., 30 Apr. 2013. Web. 1 May 2013. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball>.