mesa county fair(:

Fair is an amazing experience for everyone! I mean think about it it’s in the summer you get to go ride rides and watch shows and get cotton candy, you also get to go see the animals that are getting shown. Well let me tell you showing animals at fair is not as fun and easy as most people perceive it to be. It’s a lot of hard work to get everything ready and presentable for the time of showing your project at fair.

I show at the mesa county fair every year, my project is sheep. It takes a lot of work to prepare for fair and get your lambs ready to be showed in the ring for the first time. You have to get your lambs up and over the weigh regulations and they have to be in good healthy shape to be shown. You have to exercise them all summer leading up to fair to show them off and see how well you’ve done compared to the competition. They have to have a good amount of muscle to be qualified as good. Plus you have to get them lean and strait with a good build so that they will catch the judge’s eye. There are a lot of techniques and things that 4h kids and FFA have to learn to be able to have good high quality animals ready to show at fair.

Showing and being at fair all week isn’t exactly easy, you have to make sure your animals don’t over heat and check up on them every 30 minutes or so to make sure nothing has happened. You have to keep your stalls clean and your clothes spotless on show day. At fair appearance is everything. Plus you start to get nervouse about show day because you want your animals to be the best that they can be to show off all the hard work you did over the summer to get them to wear they are now. But after all the hard work and getting attached and crying like a baby after you sell your animal at the market, you feel good knowing that you got to have an experience you really enjoyed doing and you had fun with it. Plus you get a lot of money for the animals that you have sold and that can head towards a new car or more clothes. For me my money goes towards my college fund. So no fair isn’t always easy for everyone, there’s a lot of week that goes into it, but at the end of the day its completely worth it!(: