American Football vs. Soccer

Across the whole world, there are two famous sports that are known throughout all other sports, American football and soccer. Throughout the popularity of football, it is to be the most popular sport in America. Although, the popularity of soccer in other countries such as Brazil makes it the number one sport there. When football first was crated, it was made with leather helmets, no pads on the shoulders and legs, and with a lot less penalties making a lot more of injuries. It was played by the same basic rules of rugby. Soccer when it was first created was believed to be played by the pilgrims with up to hundreds of people, also making injuries a lot easier to get. The rules was to kick the ball to the opponent’s goal.

From my experience of playing football, I can say there are both good and bad parts about it. The goods about football is that it teaches people how to get mentally and physically stronger. Football teaches people how to be mentally stronger by setting a players mind to know what to do. Football teaches people how to be physically stronger by doing your job, even against the others that could be bigger, better, faster, and stronger. Football also teaches people individual traits such as teamwork, trust, perseverance, courage, and sacrifice. Other than about football teaches people all those traits of life, it can be dangerous to be part of. Football can mean to take pain from a bigger guy than you. For example if your job was to watch a man and it’s you and him, you might do what you can do, than not do your job, and then get blamed on you. That is when training comes to place. Another thing about football that is not very good is that people could be born small and big, almost giving the advantage to the big guys on strength and the small guys on speed. But then that’s when training comes to place. That is why football can be a great sport but at the same time be dangerous.

Again, from my experience, there is many ways to say what is good and what is bad about soccer. What is good about soccer is that like football you have to use your head and body to be both mentally and physically strong to do what is necessary to beat your opponents. What is not so good about soccer is that this sport only requires you to use your legs instead of your upper body. In my opinion, just using your legs in a sport is not okay because your strength in soccer comes from just your legs making them stronger than the rest of your body and not just in soccer is when your legs are stronger, its everywhere else in your life, making your body strength uneven. This is how soccer can be a good and a bad sport at the same time.

Throughout my experience of playing American football and soccer, by judging both the goods and bads of each sport my opinion is that American football is a better sport. I say this because it takes a lot of more time and work to be the best and once you’re the best, you still work by keeping your position on where you are at. American football requires constant time and work to be a part of unlike as much work and time of soccer. Unlike soccer, football requires to use all of your muscles instead of just your legs. In my opinion, football is a better sport than soccer.

“History of American Football.” Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 21 Oct. 2013. Web. 23 Oct. 2013.

“History of Soccer in the United States.” Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 19 Oct. 2013. Web. 23 Oct. 2013.

football_rules-200x200