Mr. Birch Biography

bOn February 29th, I interviewed Mr. Birch. I asked questions about his childhood, his high school years, his college years, and his teaching adventures so far.

Mr. Birch grew up in Grand Junction, Colorado. Mr. Birch went to Fruitvale Elementary and Grand Mesa Middle School. As a child, his favorite activities were hunting, camping, baseball, and just being outside, everything he did he said was outside. When asked what some life lessons were as a child he learned he said the two biggest were Discipline and finishing what you started. Everything he did had discipline. He grew up in a military family, his dad was in the military and stressed discipline all throughout his childhood. He was also taught to finish everything you start.

Mr. Birch then went on to attend Central High School. During his high school years, Mr. Birch played baseball and football. I asked who his favorite teacher was and he said “Mr. Noem”. He said his favorite part about high school was hanging out with friends and playing sports. His least favorite part about high school he said was all the drama. “I steered clear from all the drama and focused on sports”.

Moving on to his college years, Mr. Birch attended the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK). University of Nebraska at Kearney is a branch of the University of Nebraska. During college, Mr. Birch played baseball. He majored in Social Science Education 7-12, with an emphasis in Political Science and US History. When asked his best experience in college he said it was when his team won a championship. His worst experience in college was the day baseball ended he said.

Now to his present day life. Mr. Birch teaches Global Studies, Law Related Ed, and Ancient History. I asked what made him want to become a teacher, he replied with “I had good teachers growing up”. His teachers growing up made him what he is today. His favorite part about teaching is interacting with his students. His least favorite part of teaching is the feeling of letting people down, or not teaching them enough for a test. If he could teach any subject he said it would definitely be Global Studies. Mr. Birch also devotes his free time to help coach the freshman, or C team baseball teams each year. To conclude this biography of Mr. Birch, this is the story of his life up to now