What I learned in Media Productions

I have participated in Media Productions all first semester and it has been a great class in which I learned alot of things. I learned how to speak in public better, edit pictures in Photoshop, and also edit videos in Video Pad. All these skills are skills that I can use in the future.

The first thing I learned was to speak better in front of people/on camera. I no longer care so much about what people think about me. If I embarrass myself in front of people, I know that people only think about it for a second and forget about it. Before I came to this class when I would talk in front of a big group of people I would move my legs, arms, etc. I would always figure out something to twiddle with while I talked. After I did multiple videos that went to pretty much every single person in the school I got used to it and I learned not to twiddle so much. Throughout life I will use this whenever I have to present something in college. Also if I have a very social job in the future I will be good at talking to people. Being able to talk to and in front of people is a very useful skill to have.

The second thing that I learned was how to make and edit pictures in Photoshop. I learned how to make stuff in the picture disappear by putting colors around the object on top of the object which made it disappear. I also learned how to take stuff out of a picture and leave certain stuff in. After this I could add in cut pictures on top of other pictures and make it look like it belonged in the picture in the first place. I’m going to use this again in life if I have media productions or other classes that involves Photoshop or just if I take a boring picture i can make it cool. This skill will come in handy when I have computer classes.

The last thing that I learned was how to record and edit videos in Video Pad. I can now record videos and combine them together. I can record people talk to a camera really well. I also figured out that in order to transport a video from the camera to the computer, I have to go into the pictures of the camera then I can transport them. I’m going to use this in life if I ever have classes that involve videos and editing them. I will also use this skill if I ever get a job that involves videography. 

Media Productions has been a great class that I didn’t know that I would enjoy so much. When I came to this class the first day and realized what it was all about I didn’t want to do it but as I did it, I came to really like it and the people that were in it. I learned a lot of new things in this class and I would do it again in the future if I get the chance.