Mr. Ray – AKA – Mr. Swag

Mr. Ray is a 9th grade CompLit and mythology teacher. He is greatly known for his superior shoe game. He is a brother to his sister who is a freshman in high school, and his brother who is a junior in college. 

He was born in Ohio where he went through elementary, middle school, high school, and college. He played basketball, baseball, and football in middle school and high school. In high school his favorite subject was woodshop. “My favorite subject.. Hmmm.. probably woodshop, I took it twice.” 

Since college is a big part of life, I asked Mr. Ray a series of questions about his college experience. Mr. Ray said that nothing in particular made him want to go to college, he just always knew that he would go to college. He also told me that sports are what got him through college, he finally told me that his favorite part of college was video games. “My favorite part of college was the ridiculous amount of video games I played.” To focus more on the present, I asked Mr. Ray some questions about his job. He told me that the worst part was the grading, but the best part was that it never gets boring. If Mr. Ray could have any other job, he would be a movie director

To wrap up the interview, I asked him who is one person that inspires him, and a quote by them that he likes. “Oh for sure Kanye West. ‘I don’t take advice from people who are less successful than me.’” All in all Mr. Ray is the coolest and by far the swaggest teacher here at Fruita 8/9