Advantages to Learning a New Sport

I am going to tell the main reasons why you should learn something new, particularly a new sport. I have learned a lot of new sports and had time to get good at all of them, all you have to do is try it. Even though your friends might not be playing the sport you want to play, that is okay. Although it is really fun to play a sport with your friends, it is also fun to make new friends, and it is also good for your social life. Same with learning a new skill/sport, it does seem intimidating and a lot of work, but in the end it is worth it. If you have a favorite sport, learning a new one will help you get better at your main sport too. 

Let’s talk about your comfort zone. No one wants to leave their comfort zone just because some ninth grader wrote a persuasive essay telling you to. But I would really encourage you to, it is really helpful to your confidence and you know what confidence leads to? A positive sense of confidence is associated with, not only positive thoughts and actions, but also less stress and less anxiety. Everyone hates stress and anxiety, but learning a new sport, going out of your comfort zone and being confident, can lead to less of those feelings. 

Now man9,962,523 Sports Equipment Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty  Imagesy of you might hate sports in general and think nothing is fun except video games. But I’ve been in both situations, being a really active guy, or, during quarantine, there were no sports, so I wasn’t able to do sports, but experiencing that made me want to do more sports and leave the house way more. It’s fun to do new things, even if it doesn’t seem like it, later you will realize you had a ton of fun.

Learning a new sport, believe it or not, gives you more energy. I know, it sounds crazy, like “aren’t you using your energy when playing a sport and it gets you tired?”  But it actually is true, it’s hard to believe when playing video games tires you out. This in turn also helps your mental a lot, it’s not just good for your body. It helps train your brain, so when you’re older, you will live longer and have a healthy mind when you are your grandparents’ age.

If you are reading this conclusion, that means you read the rest, thank you. I would like to challenge you to find a new sport you might be interested in and go try it! If you don’t like it, that’s totally okay, as long as you know you gave the effort.