teach

Ms. lacount is a teacher at Fruita 8/9. she was born in Grand Junction, CO. she loved being outdoors she spent most of her childhood working around outside. When asked if she had any pets as a child she wrote “I was a farm kid .I had a ton of animals.” When asked about siblings she said, “I have one older sister.” Her fondest memory from childhood she said “I have a lot of great memories but one of them that stands out would be the time we swam with sharks.”

High School
What was your fav class in high school? I loved my honors ELA classes

Did you do any extracurricular activities? I did Yearbook throughout all of high school

If you had the chance to go back to high school to change something would you go back? Nope. There is not enough money in the world to make me go back to high school.

Where did you go to high school? FMHS

Who was your high school idle? My idol in school was definitely my mom. She still is 🙂

High school hobbies? I liked to hang out with my friends. I read a lot. I took a lot of pictures.

College /adult
What made u decide to be a teacher? A teacher helping me learn to see myself for what I am really worth.

What college did you go to? Mesa State College (what is was called before CMU)
what did you major in? English / Secondary Education

How long have you been teaching? 16 years

If you had the chance to change your major would you? Nope. I went to school to be a teacher. It is my favorite thing in the world to be (besides being a mom)
If you could have any job in the world what would it be? Exactly what I am doing, except paid more to do it