Music Week: One Direction

Everybody loves a good song. But, what makes a song good? Some would argue the beat, some the rhythm and some the melody, but I think one of the greatest things about a song is the lyrics. Something that can touch your heart and send a message, and today, we are going to be talking about a band that helps to spread a message, and why that makes them the best band to ever grace this Earth. We are talking about One Direction. Let’s be honest here, there is no reason not to like them except for being jealous of how much people like them. Disagree with me? Let me go more into depth…

To start, One Direction are all good looking. You can’t tell me that any of those boys are bad looking. If you think I’m wrong, ask any of the fans. Don’t believe them? According to Capital FM, Harry Styles was named Capital’s sexiest man, and is just as charming as his looks. Niall Horan’s Irish luck shines through his beautiful skin. Liam’s face just a sweet as his personality. Zayn’s fashion sense are just as mysterious as his aura, and Louie’s eyes are just as playful as he is. There isn’t a bad picture of any of them. The all have magnificent style. Their hair is perfectly tousled. Their teeth are all in line. Their bodies are perfectly toned. What’s not to love?

Now let’s talk about their music. One Direction manages to mix electric guitar with teeny-bopper music, and that’s what makes it beautiful. The melodies are so catchy, the lyrics so infectious you must sing. When listening to the songs, people think, who is this? And when told it is One Direction, they say,“Really?” because everyone thinks that One Direction is some boy band full of pretty faces and that they have no talent when in fact they have more than the person judging them. Want a statistic? One Direction has won 212 awards. That’s 128 more than the Beatles. 

Take that old people.

Another reason to love One Direction is their wholesome message. The song they are best known for is a song about what makes a girl beautiful. Their last song as a group was about how they have a lot of history together and that they are sad that they are going to be going apart. They are so respectful of their fans, staff, and people around them. When asked if there was a dibs system in place when and if the bandmates like the same girl, and Harry Styles replied with,“We feel like that objectifies women and that is not what we’re about.” What a gentleman. One Direction even wrote a song called Girl Almighty, where they sing,“Let’s have another toast to the girl almighty.” If that’s not good enough for you, I don’t know who is.

One Direction will forever be one of the best boy bands of all time and still are. They still all make music, but without the support of the fans they won’t get back together. They are some of the greatest people to grace this Earth. They are handsome and polite and talented. If you don’t like them, give me one reason why. It’s just the little things. They are perfect and have that one thing, so thank you One direction for making some of the best songs ever.

Works Cited

“One Direction Awards.” Wikipedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Feb. 2018

“Beatles Nominations.” Wikipedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Feb. 2018.

“4 Times Harry Styles Let His Inner Feminist Freak Flag Fly.” Bustle. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Feb. 2018