My Favorite Sport

Volleyball is my favorite sport. Its often seen as an easy sport but once you try it, its way harder than it seems. I know this first hand because I play volleyball for Fruita and it’s difficult.
In an article it states “The game of volleyball, originally called “mintonette,” was invented in 1895 by William G. Morgan after the invention of basketball only four years before. Morgan, a graduate of the Springfield College of the YMCA, designed the game to be a combination of basketball, baseball, tennis, and handball.” This makes sense because you go through tennis like motions and other things. Volleyball is interesting because it looks really easy, but it’s all about footwork, motioning, and just positioning and flexibility.
Millions of girls and boys play volleyball all across america. It’s the second most popular sport in the world today. Volleyball is so interesting, and it can’t successfully be played unless you can serve it, pass it, and just get it over the net. Many younger matches are boring because its just like ping pong, but once you get more skilled, the matches become very intense and hard to play. Volleyball is played in the summer Olympics and is one of the most watched sports.
I love volleyball, it’s my passion. I’ve worked very hard to get where I am today, and I have a long way to progress. It’s important to have a strong mindset when playing or else you can’t get better. It’s a game of mistakes, it’s just whoever makes less wins.Image result for volleyball