Mrs.Peterson

Have you ever had a good science teacher who almost never does anything with a text book if not you should meet Mrs peterson. She works at fruita 8-9. I asked her an assortment of questions and here are her answers.

The first topic is Elementary school

Question number one question was how many pets did she have as a kid. Her response was Dogs: two German shepherds Named Chance and Baloo, Husky named Dante, and American Eskimo named Nikki. And cats: Named lucky and Mowgli. Birds: Named Chipper and Jimmer. She also had a ton of fish, water frogs and Hampsteres. The second question I asked was what elementary school did you go to. She said Appleton elementary (grand Junction colorado), Legacy (salt Lake city), and Aurora Elementary (Los Angeles).  Question number third was when you were little, what was your dream job and she said That Amarine Biologist or Eye Doctor. Question number fourth childhood question was Growing up what was your favorite food and she said Chocolate!!! (still my favorite) 🙂  The last question was what was your favorite Elementary school subject and she said Science and Math.

The next topic is High school

Question number six is what high school did you attend and she said Grand Junction high school.  Question number sev

en was Hew was your favorite high school teacher and why. She said Miss Read and Mr.Brown. They were both awesome english teachers. Miss Read was also the yearbook teacher so we spent a lot of time together.  Question number eight did you do any extracurricular activities. Her response was I played soccer and was in yearbook! I also worked at a bakery all through high school!.  Question number nine was What music did you like in high school she responded by saying Everything! (pop, rap, country, rock, screemo) Question number ten was has it changed since then and her response was Nope! I still love all types of music. 

The next topic is College

Question number eleven was what college did you atende she said I went to BYU and CMU for my undergrad and I am currently attending GCU for my Masters. Question number twelve do you wish you went to a different college and she said I would have loved to go to college in Hawaii or California, but it was just too expensive. I did have a lot of fun in college and am glad I ended up going where I did. Question number thirteen what degrees do you have? Her response was a Bachelors in Biology and Secondary Education and a Masters in biology (currently working on -I will Graduate October 2021!) Question number fourteen why did you choose to become a teacher? She said I have always loved science, but even more than that I loved people and working with kids. I wanted to become a teacher to get people excited about science and help make a difference in people’s lives. I hope I can be the kind of person people feel comfortable coming to with problems. I also like being around k

ids a lot more than most adults. Question number number fifteen how long have you wanted to be a teacher she said I never in a million years thought I would become a teacher. If you told me in high school that I would end up being a teacher I would not have believed you! In college I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with a science degree, and one day I decided to do some observations in a classroom. I liked it and decided to teach. It wasn’t until I was student teaching (hear at Fruita 8/9 with Ms. Blevens) that I have really fallen in love with teaching! I have really enjoyed being a teacher ever since. Question number sixteen is how long have you been a teacher. She has been in the building since January of 2017 or for three years.